Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Okoboji Trip

Being a little nervous about how to go about planning my first week-long vacation with no "adults" present, I've been consulting mom and dad a lot on Honeymoon/trip planning.

They helped Andrew and I narrow down the destination, mapped out several route options, and (the ultimate stress reliever) planned a long-weekend trip with us to scope-out our destination of choice, Lake Okoboji, IA.


What better way for us to see whether this was a place that we wanted to spend our honeymoon?


Andrew has been looking for work for some time now. The week before we planned to leave for Boji, Andrew was offered a job. (Hurray!) But, went to work immediately, and couldn't take off extra days for a long weekend (Not so much of a hurray.) So, Andrew entrusted me to do the Okoboji-scopeing without him : (

It wasn't the greatest weather while we were up there, but it was just fine for getting the lay of the land. I was able to check out several hotels I was intersted in, see a few of the surrounding towns that we might stay in, try a few restaurants and look at menus/prices for others. My folks let me drive the whole way there and back, so I have a good grasp on exactly how to get there and get back home. All of these things really put me at ease for planning the trip with Andrew.

I've included a few photos from the trip, enjoy!

No comments: