Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cake and Flowers

Mom and I went to pick up the new cake samples from HyVee today, and we paid the deposit for the flowers while we were there. We like shopping at that HyVee anyway, so we just did our weekly shopping at the time. (All the employees we've dealt with there have been so friendly!)

When we went to get the cake samples from the bakery, the employee who handed them over to us told us that the Amaretto we'd requested turned out incredible. She said they would need to start offering that one as an option, and that it was her new favorite. Mom and I couldn't wait to try.

The bakery added pineapple to the citrus cake, which made it taste incredible also. (Andrew's favorite cake, other than cheesecake, is pineapple upside down cake.) Andrew just doesn't care for most cakes, and when he tried the this pineapple citrus, he really liked it!

I gave out some of the samples and took votes, because I honestly love them both. I couldn't decide on my own. I like that the Amaretto was our idea, kind of like a "signature flavor." However, it's very rich, like the red velvet we're already getting. Having a fruity option with the richer, more chocolaty Red Velvet seemed more appropriate. This way hopefully everyone will like something (even Andrew)!

So, I just counted the votes to make my decision. Then, when the votes were practically even, I wasn't sure what to do. I decided it would all be up to Emily, who hadn't tried the cakes yet. I was very happy with either flavor.

She decided on the pineapple citrus and I think it was a great decision. And, as dad says, we have someone to blame if no one likes it. (Just kidding...Emily thank you for making the decision I couldn't make!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's important to remember that I never said it would be Emily's fault... just that we would blame her.

=)

Bob, father of the bride