Monday, January 26, 2009

Newspaper Engagement Announcement

Keep an eye out in the Lincoln Journal Star for our engagement announcement and photo. It will most likely be appearing in the February 8th Celebrate! (but we're not 100% sure). It will also be available online at:


We had quite a successful wedding planning weekend. It started early, too. Mom, dad, Andrew, Emily and myself all took off early on Friday afternoon to meet with the caterers and decorations people at East Campus. We met the catering manager, Kari, for the first time. She was so delightful and she really made us feel confident that we were in good hands. She will be coordinating deliveries, supervising the servers and helping out on the day of the wedding. So, now we have the menu finalized for the most part.

We were also able to talk to several people at East Campus about the decorations. Dad and I have been especially worried about how we are going to do the decorations, so it was a relief to find that we can do exactly what we want with them. I really think we'll be able to make it look beautiful in the reception hall.

On Saturday afternoon we met with Meier's Cork and Bottle, who we decided to hire for bartender service. They are so friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I'm really happy that we've hired them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words, "Beaujolais-Villages"!

-Bob, father of the bride

Her Blonde Reflection said...

I love the picture in the paper! It's so cute! My brother wants to do the same for us, but I didn't know when I should let him do it =)

Lacey said...

I don't think there are any rules about when the appropriate time is to put the engagement announcement in the paper. I did it 4 months before. I've seen some much earlier, and some just a little bit before the wedding too.

The ettiquette for the wedding announcements is that you have up to a year after the wedding to announce it in the paper.