Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ceremony Details

The part of the wedding planning I'd been putting off the most (even more than dance practice) was the details of the ceremony. I just wasn't sure how to put together a ceremony that would have enough meaning. It's outdoors, so a unity candle didn't really make sense (even though Andrew and I love candles), and the idea of pouring the sand together isn't really our style.

I just wasn't sure what should come between walking down the isle and kissing the groom. Andrew and I are writing our own vows, which we plan to surprise one another with on the wedding day (that part has always been exciting to me)! Other than that, I was lost on any readings to have, music to play, etc.

Dad helped me get the ball rolling by looking up some prose that could be read at the wedding. Andrew and I started to search together, but it was a lengthy process. We just kept searching for that poem/reading that really described us.

For awhile we were considering using an Apache Marriage Blessing (which I really like), but we ended up finding a few things that suited us even better. Now I'm really excited about planning the ceremony.

We've invited our Officiant, Richard and his wife over on Saturday for dinner, so that we can start discussing the details. I'm really looking forward to it. 

No comments: