Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sarabande Meets Flat Stanley

Last week I received a Flat Stanley in the mail from my cousin Blaine. I'm taking Flat Stanley around Nebraska with me for the next month or so, and I decided to bring him along to see Sarabande Jazz play at the Blend last Friday night.

It's been way too long since we went to see them perform live. They played "What a Wonderful World", the song that we plan to use for the Father-Daughter, Mother-Son Dance. Later, they played "I'm Glad There is You" which is our first dance song. They've added quite a few tunes to their repertoire, including some great Disney ones, like "Under the Sea." They performed that one for us as their final song of the evening.

I've got a photo of them above. They were kind enough to pose with Flat Stanley. It was great to go see them again. We're planning to schedule a meeting with Tim, the band leader, mid-April to discuss the details of the wedding music selections. Meanwhile, we'll just have to keep practicing our dance moves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted that pic of Sarabande w/Flat Stanley on your blog. It was very good hearing Sarabande again, even tho we got there pretty late.
-Bob, father of the bride

Her Blonde Reflection said...

Having a live band will be so much fun! I don't think I've ever been to a wedding with a live band!