Monday, March 23, 2009

Sarabande Didn't Show...Uh-oh.

Dad found a listing on the Journal Star website that Sarabande Jazz would be playing at Meadowlark Coffee on Saturday night. I haven't gotten an updated schedule from Sarabande via e-mail this month, so I was very excited that dad found out where they were playing.

The next day, dad found a listing in the Ground Zero that confirmed that Sarabande would be there, so we decided to go see them, and invite Andrew's parents to join us.

We got there a little early and grabbed the cozy couch spot in the corner. Andrew and Lynnette joined us right on time, but the band still hadn't showed...

So, we waited, and waited and waited. Andrew checked with one of the employees to see if there had been a change of plans, since the band hadn't arrived as scheduled. She replied "It's happened before."

Yikes.

Needless to say, this stresses dad and I out. We've gone to see them around town at least seven or eight times before, and the band is always there. I guess we don't know what the circumstances are...maybe I shouldn't worry to much about it (not that I can rationally control my worrying).

It was embarrassing to have invited others to see the band and to have it turn out like this. However, we got to talk to Lynnette about the wedding plans quite a bit, so it turned out really fun anyway. I'm so glad she came (I think she distracted Dad and I from getting too worried at the time).

Dad mentioned that he might call the venue that Sarabande is supposed to be playing at on Wednesday night, just to be sure they are really playing as scheduled. It would make me feel better to think that this doesn't happen very often.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Dad mentioned that he might call the venue that Sarabande is supposed to be playing at on Wednesday night"

Make that WILL call. After reading the next AM's article in the LJS about reduced funding for Lincoln Arts, and the NJO cancelling their show, I'm thinking that may have been a factor. I'm thinking Sarabande must be receiving some $ from the arts council... otherwise how do all these bands play at empty coffee houses on a regular schedule? The coffee shops sure can't be paying these performers anything.

I hope on May 31st we look back at this blog entry and laugh. Remember mom's motto, "Everything will be ok"
=)
Bob - Father of the bride

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention... It WAS very nice that Lynnette was able to come. It was very fun bouncing some wedding ideas around. She made the whole evening worthwhile!
Bob - Stressed? You haven't seen me stressed... YET!
=O

Anonymous said...

Tuesday, March 24th
Sarabande Sax was supposed to be playing down at Crescent Moon tonight. I called down there to verify... and yes he was!!! I could hear Tim's hot sax in the background!!! Tim lives!!!!
-Bob - father of the bride