Thursday, April 17, 2008

More dress shopping soon?

I’m thinking about planning another wedding dress shopping outing, possibly the 1st or 2nd Saturday in May. I’ve found dresses I like at the Wedding Gown Outlet (these are less expensive then all my other favorites!) and also at Sarah’s Bridal.

I really liked the consultants at both of these dress shops. I’d like to use Sarah’s Bridal for the alterations on whatever dress I choose, if possible. I was really happy with the alterations on my dress for Linny’s wedding done at Sarah’s, and it sounds like the same person would be working on my wedding dress if I have the alterations done there.

There are several "before and after" photos at Sarah’s of alterations, and the difference is really remarkable in some of them. There was even a dress at the Wedding Gown Outlet that’s too large, but inexpensive enough that maybe we could pay to have it altered to fit exactly how I want it to.

I finally received the contract for reserving the Perin Porch for the ceremony. I was assured that it was all mine for the day, but I was worried when over a month had gone by with no word and no contract to sign. I suppose my next task will be getting all the addresses for the save the date cards.

Andrew and I are scheduled to have our engagement photos taken next Saturday. They’re going to be outdoors, so here’s hoping that we don’t get rained out. I’ve really been looking forward to having them taken.

No comments: