Monday, April 20, 2009

Mint Madness

Well, Lynnette out did herself again! She created wedding mints in several shapes and many, many flavors for us to try. I think there were at least 15 different flavors...it was very difficult to choose just a few. She suggested picking as many flavors as we'd like, then choosing either a shape or color to represent each flavor.

We decided on: English Toffee, Almond, Amaretto and Peppermint.

Thank goodness I talked to Andrew about the mints for the wedding well before anyone started experimenting with flavors/recipes. She was planning to make the typical, cream cheese mints made with granulated sugar. (Not my favorite, but if it was a tradition for Andrew's family, I was happy to have them on the cake table.)

However, after talking with Andrew about it, he mentioned that he doesn't like that kind of mint. He remembers his mom making the candy mints (more like Andes mints) and that's what he though we'd have for the wedding all along. I was so happy to hear that, because I like that kind of mint much better, too!

I had no idea how many flavors are available for mint-making! It was like cake tasting all over again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't miss the next installment of We Go Bridal... or should I say We Go Mintal... or maybe We Go Pepper-MENTAL!

r we there yet?!

Bob, nitpicker of the bride