Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Maid of Honor Returns!

Liz is back in Lincoln!

She flew in last night from Chicago. She just completed a semester studying in Italy and it's so nice to have her back home.

Even though she's been awake "since yesterday" (as she put it) she still wanted to go out with all those who met her at the airport for coffee. We went to Meadowlark, where she got a proper, American coffee drink (an Iced Caramel Macchiato), after months of non-flavored, strong espresso drinks from Italy. 

She tells me that if you order a Latte in Italy, they'll give you warm milk. In fact, almost anywhere you order milk in Italy it will be served warm, unless you specifically request cold milk! (That's one to remember if I ever decide to visit.)

She brought us souvenirs, something special for everyone. Andrew and I received a bottle of Spumante from a beautiful winery she visited. She also brought me a postcard from an art museum with a colorful bird design on a textile.

Perhaps my favorite treat she brought back are the chocolates. She brought some amazing, Hazelnut flavored chocolates (they look like large peanut butter cups wrapped in beautiful green foil) and the best dark chocolate shell candy with a smooth dark chocolate center (kinda like the Lindt truffles). They are to die for. Thank you so much, Liz!!

Now that she's back, I guess it's time that I put my Maid of Honor to work for the wedding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Liz!

Bob, father of your future sister-in-law