Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hair-Do Redo

A few weeks ago, mom and I went in to get hair cuts and to practice with our hairdresser, Lori, for the wedding day.

I think I threw Lori off a bit when I asked that little fake flowers be interspersed with my hair, all the way down. It turns out, that's harder than it sounds.

The only solution she could come up with on the spot was gluing the flowers in and they could be cut out at the end of the day. Cut out? Yikes. I wasn't liking the sound of that. Lori assured me that she would talk with her colleagues and try to find a better way to attach the flowers.

I got a call from Lori last week, asking for another practice run. She had gotten several suggestions and was ready to try again with the flowers. I went in after work last night, and Lori played around a bit. She used thin, clear hair ties to attach the flowers, and also tried braiding them into my hair. There were also a few failed experiments, but I couldn't always tell what was going on back there, so I'm not sure what those were.

After much trial and error, I decided that I really liked just having some clusters of flowers stuck in around the "bun" / "ponytail" area where my hair will gather at the back. The first time I went in, we tried this, but the clusters were sticking up over the top of my head, and I thought that looked kinda silly. So, we went away from that look immediately.

After seeing them just stuck around the sides and the back, I liked it better than anything else we'd tried, and there will be no glue required! I'm so happy that Lori is working so hard to make my hair look natural and beautiful. Who knew the "natural look" would be so much work?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Color me 'relieved' that Anda-rew (Jude reference)won't be cutting flowers out of your hair at the end of the night.
=O

-Bob, Stressin' With Some Bar-B-Q