Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bridesmaids Dress Shopping

In addition to modeling
wedding dresses for the group (this week, Pam, Jordan, Lynnette, mom and Steve were in attendance), Emily and Liz were kind enough to start trying on bridesmaid dresses.

They both look nice in so many styles that I think it’s going to be a really fun decision to make. We want to make the final decision after I choose my dress, so we don’t end up with full-length bridesmaid dresses while I’m in something that’s short and summery.

The first dress Liz picked out when she got there was the exact dress mom and I were admiring that last time we were in the store. It’s a satin dress with a colorful lace overlay. It’s short, and springy and beautiful. It comes with a swatch book full of color choices, including the orange-red color I love. It also comes in a lighter orange and a deep red, and 4 color-combinations of lace.

The only problem is the price tag. I can’t ask the girls to spend that much. I asked about swapping out the satin for another fabric, but I guess satin is as affordable as it gets.

However, the silver lining is that at J’Maries, all bridesmaid gowns are $99 all the time if the bride purchases her dress at regular price. So, you never know. That may work out just fine.


We’ve only just begun to look, so I’m not set on this dress. It’s just my favorite so far. The only thing that looked better than the dresses on the girls was Steve in a tiara!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lacey,
This is really looking great! I love the links to your "vendors"! Love Ya! MOM