Sunday, March 2, 2008

Harp

We braved the icy roads last night to hear Heidi, the harpist we’re thinking of hiring, play a few songs. Mom, Lynnette and Andrew came with me, and everyone seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.


Andrew and I have been talking about me walking down the aisle to Canon in D (Pachabell’s Canon, as we call it) from day one. When she played that song, mom and Lynnette were both on the verge of crying. I think we’ve really found a great musician. We’re also planning to have Heidi play at the reception for the first 2 hours, while people arrive and during dinner. She’s got quite a selection of songs, and everything she played for us last night sounded amazing. She has a mix of classical, jazzy and popular songs, and everything sounds so majestic coming from a harp. The perfect effect for a wedding.


I am going to let Andrew make the ultimate decision about whether or not to hire her. Since she does a lot of classical music, she will be representing his taste in music much more than the jazz band we’re thinking of having for the dance. I love both kinds of music...so I’m really happy. I asked Heidi to play Moonlight Sonata (one of Andrew’s favorites) and he was really impressed, so I have a very good feeling about this.


I liked the idea of having a harpist at the ceremony after I heard Heidi play at the wedding fair, and realized that it would be a good option for an outdoor wedding. Since Heidi is friends with Emily and Steve, I got a chance to meet her at Emily’s b-day party. It was really only a matter of time until I contacted her to see if she had our wedding date open. Emily got the ball rolling when I mentioned to her how interested I was is hiring Heidi.


So, Andrew and I will talk about it tonight and make a decision. I’m starting to get really excited about wedding dress shopping this weekend!

1 comment:

Babbs said...

Hey Lacey I wanted your dad to go and try to drink one beer while listening to the harpist. LOL LOL.
We need some fast music to dance to at the reception. Have fun looks very good.

Barb