Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Well, I've been quite busy with wedding plans (and working a lot of overtime in the last couple of weeks). However, I'm getting quite a bit accomplished.

On Tuesday we booked the Great Plains Room of the East Campus Union for our reception. After seeing the prices of the other sites, it was a no-brainer what place was right for us. Some places were going to nickel and dime us, while others were costly with no service. The Union staff is very friendly, there are lots of options as far as food, linens, audio/video equipment and lighting. They also offer a lot of services included in the price of the room that most of the other venues would either not provide or charge additional for.

They have spot lighting with red and orange filters that I'm excited to see set up. Mom had the idea of creating a filter with our initials to shine in the middle of the dance floor (how cool would that be?!) They will also set up the tables and center pieces to our specifications if we bring in our decorations. I'm planning on having them set up with black table cloths with red and black alternating napkins. We're thinking of renting table runners for each table, a red silk one and an orange translucent one, placing an eiffel tower vase at the center of each table with a single (silk) gerbera daisy in each, with some celophane squished down in each vase and maybe a red or orange LED light shining through each one.

We're looking into renting the ceremony space now, and I have set up a date (April 26th) to take outdoor engagement pictures. I've been checking into different photographers, and for the photojournalistic style I love, I can't seem to find anyone in town better suited for our wedding for the price. Everyone else either has very amateur or outdated looking portfolio examples (and practically charge as much) or they charge much more for similar quality work.

I feel like we've come a long way, even since my last entry. Mom, Dad and Andrew came with me on all the site tours, which I really appreciated. Liz and Lynnette came to several as well. It's always nice to get a feel for how others liked the places we've seen.

No comments: