Thursday, March 6, 2008

Looking for Jazz Ensembles

If anyone knows a good jazz group that plays dance music for weddings, I would happily take their information. The Nebraska Jazz Orchestra is fairly inexpensive compared to others I’ve looked into, but they do not perform dance music. They only play as a background music for dinners and the cocktail hour. I was very disappointed to find this out, as I have enjoyed their music for many years.

There is one group from Omaha that I really like, but they are a little on the pricey side. I am checking into the possibility of a UNL student jazz band, but so far I haven’t gotten any response from anyone in the music department. A friend of mine knows a group that can perform as either a string quartet or a jazz group, so I think that is who I will contact next.

I really like the idea of having a live band at the reception. It was quite a compromise for Andrew, who wanted a string quartet. Since he has been kind enough to agree to a jazz group, I’d like to find one that is really good so that he doesn’t feel like it was a bad decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lacey,
The site looks great! I'm very honored to be a part of your wedding and I can't wait for it to come.

And i just want to add for anyone reading this that I did not willingly try on any of the tiaras. They were basically forced on my head, hence the look in the photo. Have a nice day.
Steve

Anonymous said...

"I did not willingly try on any of the tiaras. They were basically forced on my head"

Yeah. Sure. Whatever.
=)

-Bob