Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reception Sites

I think one of the first decisions I need to make is where we will hold the reception. Things are already filling up (I thought I had months to decide...I’m glad I started checking into things)! The dilemma I have is that I would love to hold it at the Quilt Museum, which isn’t opening until March 30th. Mom has contacted someone from the Quilt Studies Center on campus, but though they know that they will be equipped to hold a wedding reception, they do not have any of the details worked out yet. We’re planning to attend their open house on the 30th of March, but I’m worried that they may still not have the details completely worked out at that time.


I would love to go ahead and book something so that we can choose a date and reserve an outdoor space for the ceremony. I want to be sure our date will work for Liz and Debi, who both have conflicts that time of year. Also, I would like to give our officiant as much notice as possible. The sooner I can send out save-the-date cards, the better.

We do have an appointment to see the Ridnour Room on Thursday after work. I really like that we can bring in our own caterer and save some money at this location. Plus, it's in the Haymarket which is quite a romantic setting. (I wonder if the event center construction will be going on at that point? I think I heard something on the news to that affect.)

I'm still waiting to hear back from Jamie, my contact with the UNL Champions Club and Wick Alumni Center. Hopefully we can tour these spots soon as well as the East Campus Union.

No comments: