Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

Mom, Dad and I drove up to Topeka to celebrate Easter this weekend. It was so much fun to talk about wedding plans with Skye, who recently became engaged to Steven! (I’m jealous, she already has so many wedding ideas!) She is planning to use red accents, so I offered to give her the eiffel tower vases we bought for the center pieces after we’re finished with them. They are red, so hopefully she will find a use for them. She seemed very excited to receive anything I could share with her. Our color schemes overlap enough that hopefully she can use some of my silk flowers also. It sounds like her wedding is going to be beautiful.
Skye saw a picture of mom in her wedding dress last November in one of the scrapbooks Debi had put together for Grandma Eleanor’s 80th birthday. She loved the style of the dress (it’s a beautiful hippie dress, with a flowery material that’s split down the front with lace accents and no train in an ivory color). It’s a beautiful dress, and now that she’s engaged she asked mom if she could wear the dress (or at least incorporate some of the material into a dress) for her wedding.

Mom asked me to try it on last night, to be sure I didn’t want it. It’s not exactly my style, but it is beautiful, so I was happy to try it on. It’s a little too short for me, and a little too small. It’s not a flattering style on me (mom had such a tiny waist!), but I’m sure Skye will look beautiful in it.


I do love how flowy and natural the style and material of the dress feel. I thought it was so nice that mom wanted me to try it on, and I’m glad that I did. (It would have been the first weekend in a month that I hadn’t tried on wedding dresses if I hadn’t tried her’s on!) Afterward mom, grandma and I looked through wedding and honeymoon pictures with mom in the dress. Grandma Eleanor is staying with mom and dad all week, so we’re going to have a lot of fun. We’ll be able to send the wedding dress back with grandma for Skye to use, along with the wedding magazines I forgot to pass on to her at Easter. It’s really great to be engaged at the same time she is.

We celebrated Tim’s actual birthday and surprised Debi by celebrating her upcoming 50th birthday on Saturday. Between the b-day cakes, the Easter candy and the desserts Skye and I brought, we had plenty of treats!



On the way back to Lincoln, we stopped to eat lunch at our favorite Nebraska City restaurant, The Avenue Grill, which will soon be holding a bridal fair. There were a few manikins in wedding dresses and tuxes. Dad couldn’t resist replacing the missing manikin head with my own.





No comments: