Sunday, March 2, 2008

Invitation Designs

Andrew and I decided to hire Heidi for our ceremony and reception. I’m going to sign the contract tonight and send it to her tomorrow. I’m really glad that Andrew likes the harp music as much as I do.


I just wish my contact to reserve the ceremony site would get back to me. She said she would pencil us in and get back to me with answers about whether or not we can have a trolley and/or a carriage bicycle on East Campus, but so far I’ve heard nothing. I contacted her again and asked her to send me a written confirmation of the reservation. I’d really like to hear back from her. I guess I’ll just have to be patient.


I have been collecting some images and creating some rough drafts of the ceremony invitations, RSVP cards, Save the Date cards and reception invitations. I got a few samples together and sent them to the copy center here at work to print out on recycled paper. I’m designing everything myself, and I’d really like to print everything here at work to save money. We've got a really nice color copier in the copy center, and so many choices of recycled stock that I think we can come up with something really classy. There is one linen-type paper with a beautiful grain, called Raspberry Ice. I think it's my favorite so far.

I showed the samples to mom, dad and Andrew last night. We all went out to dinner at Magnolia (which was a fabulous restaurant, I highly recommend it) to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary.


I’m trying to incorporate natural elements into all of the designs I’m doing, since the ceremony will be outdoors and Andrew and I love nature so much. I’m going for a centralized style and color theme, so that the actual subject of each image still looks cohesive when you put all the different printed pieces together. I like the results I’ve gotten so far.


Next up is to begin designing the programs. I already have a lot of ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love this site! Great job!! (This site isn't costing me anything... is it?!)
=)
-dad