Monday, March 17, 2008

Dresses, Jazz and Tuna



I found even more dresses I love at David’s Bridal on Saturday! My bridal consultant at David’s, Felicia, pointed out two new dresses that they have gotten in stock since I was last in. They both looked great and beat out some dresses I had on my previous favorites list.

Dad was kind enough to bring Grandma Leona along to watch me try on some dresses (and there were a few open chairs, believe it or not)! This way they were able to stay for quite awhile. Mom, Debi, Elly, Emily and Steve came along also, and Emily picked out a dress toward the end that I adore! It’s a little more elegant than I was envisioning, but she looked stunning in it and it comes in Apple and Persimmon, which match my wedding colors beautifully. There were several she tired that I really liked, and I kept many on the list so that I can go back with Liz sometime and reexamine them. I’d love to choose those elegant dresses and have Liz in one color and Emily in the other.

I tried on some shorter veils this time, and I like them much better in that length than any other I have tried on before. They have a more informal feeling. I’m still leaning toward a flower in my hair or a headband with jewels or pearls. Especially when I saw Elly try on the veil. It looked so nice on her (like a veil is supposed to look!) and I realized that maybe veils were just not meant for me.

That evening mom, dad, Andrew and I went to see Sarabande Jazz play at the Meadowlark Coffee House. Wow. It was more incredible than I could have imagined. I booked them on the spot. I don’t want to give too many details away, but even Andrew really liked them, and he’s not a big jazz fan. It’s going to be an amazing reception. I can’t wait. We’re all wishing that the wedding date would come more quickly!

Oh, I can’t forget to mention Tuna! Emily, Steve and I went out after dress shopping to get a goldfish to keep at work. She’s a very beautiful, playful fishy. Tuna is adapting well to her new environment. We got her a tank with a lot of natural elements, a real plant for her to eat, some pieces of petrified wood and river rock for the bottom of the tank. (And we couldn’t resist getting her a little bling, so over the river rock are some plastic amber and clear jewels, which really go very nice with the rest of her surroundings.) Welcome to the Image Setting department, Tuna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, Elly & Tuna are all looking good. Wow! That salesclerk is looking very preggo!!
=O

-Dad (Bob)
Love & Like You!